Friday, November 5, 2010

My month of Thanksgiving: Days 1-5

Okay, I'm a bit behind here, but I'm gonna do my best to catch up!  Several people I know are doing this on FB and I thought it would be fun to post it on my little blog.  PLEASE join me in sharing all the things that you are thankful for as well!

Thankful, Day 1:
First, and foremost, I am thankful for my husband.  Where would I be in this life right now without him?!  Nowhere I'd want to be, I can tell you that. :)  Through the good, the bad, and the everyday in-between, there's nothing I would change about him.  My heart still skips a beat when I think about him.  I still love hearing his voice on the other end of the phone.  Everyday I look forward to our quiet evening alone time...snuggled close to him on the couch, with the fire burning and the lights low.  He's my soft place to fall after a long day.  He appreciates me, even when I don't acknowledge it or deserve it.  And he always supports me {even when I don't acknowledge it or deserve it}.  Love that man. ♥

Thankful, Day 2:
Today, I'm thankful for my dad.  He is, without a doubt, the most influential man that has ever been present in my life.  I've always been such a daddy's girl, and still am.  Everything my dad liked, I liked.  And honestly, a lot of the things that still interest me today are things that my dad introduced me to.  It's also a little bit funny that Matt and my dad are SO much alike...I can't tell you how many times I've heard myself say the same exact things about my husband, that I've heard my mom say for years about my dad.  It's like they're twins...30 years apart.  I've had a knot in my stomach for weeks.  My dad had a cancerous tumor removed from his colon a few weeks ago, and yesterday went to the Oncologist to find out what his chemotherapy treatment schedule will be like.  He's had such a positive and faithful attitude about all of it.  Before he went into surgery, he was calm as could be.  He reassured all of us...his life is in God's hands, and worrying about him won't solve a thing.  He was thankful to be there, thankful to be getting the tumor removed, and thankful to be starting out on his road to recovery.  My dad's been that way my whole life.  Don't dwell on the things you can't change.  Make God and your family the most important things.  Be friendly and kind to everyone you meet.  Always make the people around you feel special.
Thanks, Dad.  I am SO thankful for you! ♥

Thankful, Day 3:
I'm thankful for the sunshine!  These beautiful Fall days are perfect for lifting my spirits and cleansing my soul.  Thank you God, for literally shining your warm and beautiful light on us these days!!

Thankful, Day 4:
Today, I'm thankful for my home.  Not the structure itself {it's nothing fancy, but we love it!} but the fact that our little family has a place to call home.  The feeling I get when I walk through the door.  Like I just walked into my own little world.  My own space, where things go just the way I like them to, and I can do whatever I please without judgement from the outside world.  Home.  It really is where the heart is. ♥

Thankful, Day 5:
I'm thankful for the motivation to work out this morning!  I've been slacking off a bit lately, and combined with all the Halloween treats that are in this house, that's NOT a good thing.  I dragged myself out of bed this morning, hung out with Jillian for a half hour and feel so. much. better!  Now, I just have to remember this feeling tomorrow morning, when I'm hitting the snooze button and debating turning my alarm off all together...

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love this!! I just may have to steal it from you, hope you don't mind.

Have a great day, and keep on enjoying all the things you have to be thankful for!! Good luck with your Scentsy party!