Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Aaaand, she's 5...

 
Well, Taylor is officially 5 years old.
Yay!
Boo!
 
I have so many mixed emotions about this birthday.
She's growing up.
It's exciting to see her thriving and learning and eating up every little morsel of the world around her, but she certainly isn't my baby anymore.
She's always asking questions and says "mom, watch this" a hundred times a day while trying some new flip or twirl or jump.
She wants to start gymnastics and loves going to school everyday and seeing her friends.
She's such a good kid.
There is a pride that swells inside of me every time I think about what a kind and loving soul she is.
It's fun watching her grow in every way.
She's getting tall.
Too big for me to pick-up or carry.
She's always asking to have sleepovers and wants to be playing with her friends at all times.
She's not in toddler sizes anymore.  We have to shop in the big girl department now.
She has to comfort and snuggle me when I'm upset {damn hormones!} and is such a good little "mama" to her younger friends.  She's like a little mother hen...making sure all her babies are safe and taken care of.  I love that about her.  She's always looking out for the little ones.
She asked me again the other day about "when we have another baby" and I told her that we weren't able to have any more babies, that God blessed us with her and Benjamin and that our family was complete.  She proceeded..."but you and daddy can do a special kiss and make another baby."
Her innocence is such a beautiful thing. :)
She's always asking me to stop at the coffee shop {for chocolate milk}...a guilty pleasure of mine that has obviously rubbed off on her!
She wants to use her own money to pay for things, which occasionally I let her do for little things like snacks, gum, etc.  I think it's important for her to see how money comes and goes.  She obviously doesn't get it yet...she just thinks it's fun to give someone money and likes the reward of having something in her hand.  But, it's a start!
She loves to color, paint, draw and create.
She loves Barbies and babies and still plays with her stuffed animals daily.
She loves cartoons and movies, but will read a book with me over either of them any day.
She loves her brother and always gets the biggest smiles out of him.
She knows how to play the "I'm the poor neglected big sister now give me what I want" card with me.  It works for her most of the time.
All-around, she's just a darn good kid.
She's fun.  She's respectful.  She's honest.  She's adorable.  She's a joy.♥

***
 
Here's how our sweet girl spent her 5th birthday...
 
First things first...opening a Pinkalicious book from Benjamin! :)
Next, it was cinnamon rolls with sprinkles {her request} and of course a candle to blow out.  When I asked her what her wish was she said "I wish for a new puppy after Lambeau dies."
{Oh! No clue where that came from, but ok!}
 
I spent much of the day before getting all the decorations ready...I love how everything turned out!  These are a few of my favorite things...
The theme this year was a pajama party, which I happened to also love!  Everyone was comfy and the kids were super cute!  We had French Toast casserole {recipe courtesy of Pinterest and it was sooo good}, scrambled eggs with sausage and peppers, and fruit skewers for dinner.  And for drinks, we had milk, chocolate milk, orange juice, coffee and water.  Good stuff.
 
Next, all the little girlies played the finger nail polish game.  It's a cute little game where you spin the arrow, paint one finger with the color the arrow's pointing to, and end up with all different colored nails.  The girls loved it!  The boys, not so much. :)
 
We played "pin the jammies on the robot" next and then it was time to open presents.
Taylor got so many awesome gifts from so many amazing people!
Legos, Play-Doh, a Barbie princess, a Lalaloopsie doll, her very own Hello Kitty sleeping bag and color-yourself messenger bag, a DreamLite {that she's been begging for for months...thank you Grandma and Papa!}, Stompeez {the slippers that she's also been begging for for months...thank you Grandma Julie and Bumpa!} and so much more!

And then, the big surprise!
We're going to Disneyland!!!
Matt read the invitation from Mickey Mouse {that I made} asking Taylor to join him and all of her favorite Disney pals and princesses to celebrate her 5th birthday with them, Disney style!  As you can see from the pics below, she was pretty excited! :)

Cake time!  Make another wish... :)
 And finally, the presents came out of their packages and the kids dove in full speed.  Taylor, Kenzie and Avery hit the Barbie make-up case first. :)

 
It really was such a fun day!!!

***
 
We love you more everyday, Taylor Jade!
Happy, happy 5th year sweet girl...hope it's your best one yet! :)
xoxoxo

No comments: