Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Benjamin...7{ish} months

He's crawling!
He just got his first tooth..bottom, middle/right.
He {usually} sleeps thru the night...9pm~7am.
He loves to eat!  Bananas, applesauce, mixed fruits and berries, real carrots {not the baby food ones}, sweet potatoes, squash, baby yogurt and puffs are some of his favorites. He loves to chew {gum} apples and celery and gets really mad if you try to eat in front of him without offering him something, as well.
He gets into everything! Remotes, phones and cords are his go-to items.
He loves his binkie.
He's comfortably wearing 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
He's adorable in hats and just recently started taking them off when I put one on...just in time for our coldest winter weather!
If you wave to him, he'll wave back. :)
He loves, loves, loves his sissy!  She always gets the biggest smiles out of him.
He loves toys and loves to play.
He stayed with my parents {at our house} while Matt and I went out with friends one night and he did great...progress!
He's still breastfeeding and refuses to take a bottle...which is really rather inconvenient at times.
He has the most adorable little belly laugh that sounds strikingly similar to his big sister's.
He takes one really good nap during the middle of the day and usually one other little cat nap at some point in the late afternoon.
He's still light as a feather...13.75lbs at 6 months. {haven't weighed him for a few weeks but need to do that.}
He has adorable baby blues.
His hair is growing in and I think he's going to have Matt's hair. :)
He still loves his toes.
He loves to be naked and will escape as soon as his diaper is off.
He's not crazy about his infant tub anymore...he much prefers the big tub with Matt or I, and Taylor.
He has a little temper and he's not afraid to use it when he sees fit!
He throws his binkie out of his crib when he doesn't want to take a nap...then he cries and pulls himself up over the bumper {yes, that's right, I have a crib bumper...*gasp!*} and waits for someone to come get him...and smiles and wiggles as soon as he sees us.  Suckers.
He's carried around a lot more than Taylor was and he loves the Ergo.
He likes to share my ice water.
He loves the vacuum and makes a bee-line for it as soon as it comes out...and then follows me while I vacuum.
He looooves his daddy! It makes me melt the way he wiggles and practically jumps out of my arms when he walks into the room. I have a feeling they're gonna be best buds real soon.
He had his first "bug" a few weeks ago...a bronchial infection with a nasty cough and chest congestion.  He was such a champ and it didn't seem to slow him down or bother him a bit.
He's smaller than all of his friends his age.  In fact, we have a few friends with babies a few weeks younger than him and they're almost double his size!  He's such a little pumpkin. :)
He's warming up to Lambeau, but still likes to look at him through the window more than anything.
He's a lady killer.  Seriously...all the girls adore him.
He's so. much. fun!
It seems he learns something new everyday and watching him explore the big world around him makes my heart so full.
He is everything I hoped and dreamed he would be...and more.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about what my life would be like without him.  What a blessing he is!  God has trusted me with this little person to love and nurture and provide for and I don't take that for granted for one second.  He is my perfect little gift.  The piece of me that has mended the scars on my heart and made it whole again.
Oh, how I love this little baby boy...
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Cara! You really have a way with words & have such a beautiful family!!! - Chels