Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Easter...finally!

 
I know it was more than a week ago, but this Easter weekend was an awesome one, so it deserves it's own blog post.  I think the best part of the weekend was the gorgeous weather!  70 degrees with a few fluffy, white clouds against a bright blue sky...perfect for all of the outdoor fun that was to be had!
 
We started with a neighborhood Easter egg hunt on Saturday that was put on by one of my sister's neighbors and spanned their entire cul-de-sac...7 houses/yards!
Then it was home to play outside, work in the garden a bit, BBQ and color Easter eggs.
 
 
Easter morning was probably the least stressful that it's been in the last few years that I can remember.  We were hosting Easter with my family {which we do every year} but I able to get most of my prep work for the egg hunt and dinner done the day before...which meant that I got to sit back and enjoy the morning with my family, without running around like a crazy person! :)
 
New kicks from EB ♥
My two little honey bunnies ♥
 
Our Easter service this year was another beautiful one.
Holy week leading up to Easter Sunday always leaves me feeling a bit somber and sad.  But the celebration of Jesus' resurrection into heaven and the everlasting salvation that God gave to us is a beautiful thing! Could there be a more perfect gift?!
 
I mean, besides this little guy, of course... ♥
Taylor and Holly at church looking so pretty and so grown-up! :)
 
We skipped the Easter egg hunt at church this year to get home and get ready for a bigger and better egg hunt in the huge yard that we now have! We were super excited for the egg hunt this year because we changed things up a bit...
Each of the kids had their own color basket and they were only allowed to pick up eggs that were the same color!  That meant the big kids' eggs were hidden in much harder places than the little girls' eggs, and everyone ended up with the same amount of eggs in the end, so everyone was happy! {Thank you, Pinterest!}
 
 
After a delicious dinner and more goodies from Grandma and Papa, we celebrated Abbie's 12th birthday!  Yes, that's right...she's 12.  I almost have to choke back tears just thinking about it.  She was the first little girl to steal my heart and it just doesn't seem possible that it was that many years ago that I was getting on a plane to Omaha, Nebraska to go see her for the very first time.  But, my what a lovely young lady she is becoming.  She is smart, respectful, musical, artistic, athletic, responsible, and of course beautiful...inside and out.  I love spending time with her. I love watching her play sports and hearing her stories about her friends and school.  I can't help but think it will be in the blink of an eye that I will be hearing all of the same stories from my own little girl. {That is, if she's still speaking to me by the time she's a teenager. Ha!} ♥
 
Hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration, as well!
Happy Spring, too!
Now, where'd the sunshine go?!?
 

No comments: