Tuesday, March 12, 2013

With 2 days to spare...

So, Benjamin is technically still 8 months...for another 2 days...so its perfectly okay to do an 8 month post, right?! 
Oh, I tell ya...we have been BUSY.
Good busy, but busy!
Let's get caught up real quick.
Taylor started gymnastics {which she loves!}; is loving our big yard to explore; has mastered the skill of a 2-wheeler again after dusting the bike off post-winter; can throw a fit like a teenager when she doesn't get her way; loves her baby brother and is always looking out for him; does not have a quiet button {wonder who she gets that from...ahem, daddy...}; gets wound up every night about 30 minutes before bedtime and hates going to bed; still loves her 'toons; wants to put makeup on; loves to write and draw and color and paint and create; and is the best little cuddler around {when she can sit still}. She's so excited for Kindergarten and can't wait to get registered very soon. I'm excited, too...she's very ready to move on from preschool. She's still my little girl but it seems she's growing up at lightening speed. Every day she says something more grown up and hilarious.  Sometimes I just don't know where she comes up with the things that come out of her mouth...it's like Strawberry Shortcake meets Kim Kardashian! She's silly, smart, sassy, spirited, sensitive, sentimental and so super-duper stinkin' cute! :)
 

 
Benjamin is all over the place...standing all the time; starting to cruise the furniture; into the dishwasher the second it opens; eating lots of big boy food; weaning himself from nursing {sad!}; found his boy parts and giggles every time he explores them {so funny!}; is in 6-9 month clothes and finally growing out of size 2 diapers; isn't crazy about veggies but he'll eat the heck out of sweet potatoes and any fruit that you give him, and he loves yogurt; his 2 top teeth just cut yesterday/today so that makes a total of 4 teeth; loves to be outside; loves to be in the Ergo with mama {which is my favorite place for him to be...close to my heart!}; he's getting so much better about being away from me and I actually went out for a few drinks this weekend with my hubby and his buddy that we haven't seen for awhile; he loves to be naked; loves to play chase and peek-a-boo; his favorite book is "I Ruff You" with the cutest little puppy in it...he laughs every time I read the first page "I ruff you in the morning when the sun is shining bright, I ruff you in the evening when the moon lights up the night..." and it melts my heart every. single. time; he's a good napper and has been sleeping thru the night for several months; he's just an all-around happy-go-lucky, smiley, sweet baby that makes me with I could have another one...*sigh* :)
 


We had a visit from Matt's dad and step-mom and had a great time while they were here!  We went for walks, went out for dinner, BBQ'd tri-tip and yummy fish, visited NW Trek, had a few lazy evenings at home and they got some good quality time with the kiddos. 
 
We spent a couple days and a night at The Great Wolf Lodge with the Sutters and had awesome time!!  The kids had a blast and the adults did too...although we were all suffering from one thing or another that made for an awfully tame evening compared to what we had planned! I was 1 day post-stomach flu, Matt drove straight there from the airport after being gone for 8 days on a business trip, Joel had worked graveyard the night before and only got a quick nap before we got there and Tiff was battling allergies and a cold. So, even though we were all in bed by 1030p, we still had a ball! :)
We've also been spending more time outside, had a few play dates, celebrated a few birthdays, I'm working on getting things more organized inside and trying to get caught up and back on track with Scentsy {I've been a pretty big slacker since Ben was born!}. We watched the Yelm girls basketball team make an amazing run through Districts, but sadly didn't make it to the State Tournament. I've been doing a bit of shopping lately...Taylor has a whole new Spring wardrobe and a few options for her flower girl dress for my cousin's wedding this summer, Benjamin always needs a thing or two, and I've even gotten a few new things for myself! I'm really loving a lot of the styles that are out right now.  In fact, I really need to stay away from the stores because every time I go I come home with something new and it's usually for me...that never happens.

Makenzie and Taylor...BFF's ♥
 Benjamin and Tristen...trouble's a-brewin' with these two!! :)

Anyway, that about sums it up for us!
Lots more on the horizon...a Scentsy and Thirty-One Gifts party next week, Easter at our house with a bigger and better Easter egg hunt in our huge yard along with celebrating Abbie's birthday, Holly and Jake's birthdays next month and more fun times with friends, too!
I'm crossing my fingers for more blue skies and sunny, warm afternoons!

Missed you, friends.
I'll try not to be a stranger. :)
As Taylor would say...Peace out, Homey!
XO
 

No comments: